Innovation and Performance
Our Asset Management business deploys capital through multiple investment strategies across the world’s major markets. Our strategies are developed by an experienced team of skilled professionals who bring insight from multiple industries. We conduct fundamental research and quantitative analysis to develop ideas that we make actionable through our proprietary modeling and trading tools. And we execute our ideas with the systemic assurance that comes from dedicated risk and liquidity management and a proven technology and information infrastructure.
- Global Equities combines detailed, fundamental stock selection with a rigorous portfolio construction and risk management framework and focuses on liquid equity markets. The investment process is driven by detailed, bottom-up company analysis. Global Equities seeks to generate alpha by identifying out- and under-performing stocks in each sector team's universe. Investment portfolios are organized into seven industry sector groups: Communications, Media and Entertainment; Consumer; Energy and Utilities; Financials; Healthcare; Industrials; and Technology.
- Fixed Income & Macro
- Global Fixed Income deploys capital in the developed interest-rate markets, focusing on liquid products including nominal and inflation-protected government bonds, interest-rate swaps, futures, options, and Agency mortgage-backed securities. Strategies are primarily concentrated in the G7 interest rate markets. Global Fixed Income employs a combination of macroeconomic analysis, quantitative modeling, and rigorous portfolio construction to identify and capture opportunities. Each portfolio manager in Global Fixed Income has a disciplined approach to their specific domain, and the team jointly identifies potential investments across these products and regions through a collaborative investment process.
Global Macro deploys capital across global macro themes informed by macro-analysis and technical perspectives. These themes are expressed through directional and relative value investment strategies primarily across G20 and liquid emerging markets, fixed income, currency and equity securities and commodity markets. The team leverages fundamental analysis and quantitative models through a dynamic and disciplined approach.
- Commodities encompasses Citadel's activities in the North American natural gas market and European gas and power markets, as well as its activities in the global crude oil and refined products markets. The Commodities team combines fundamental market expertise with quantitative analytics to identify directional and relative value investment opportunities.
- Convertibles & Quantitative Credit
- Convertibles & Quantitative Credit invests across the US and European corporate universe, focusing on the relationships between corporate debt, credit derivatives, credit indices, and equities. The group's core strategies include Convertible Bond Arbitrage, Relative Value Credit Trading, and Credit Index Arbitrage. The implementation of these strategies integrates structural, statistical, and fundamental approaches to investing across the corporate capital structure.
- Surveyor Capital
Surveyor Capital is a global equity, long/short multi-manager strategy. Surveyor Capital portfolio managers use a fundamental, bottom-up research process, primary due diligence and intensive modeling to construct portfolios that focus on Alpha generation while remaining Beta-neutral. Each portfolio is typically focused on one of seven industry sector groups: Communications, Media and Entertainment; Consumer; Energy and Utilities; Financials; Healthcare; Industrials; and Technology.
The Surveyor Capital platform provides portfolio managers with trading infrastructure, committed capital, risk and investment frameworks, and assistance with the hiring of investment analysts and building of an effective team.